Why Use Vector Graphics in Your Corporate Identity Design
Vector graphics are something that looks exactly like bitmap images but is absolutely different. Vector graphics are not reliant on resolution. In this post, I will talk about why it can be important for your next corporate identity design.
- Creating them is easy: The most interesting thing about vector graphics is that they are easy to create but they provide a look that is similar to complex designs. Use Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator and Macromedia Freehand. Unleash your creativity and provide your clients with a design like never before.
- Small files: Vector image files are small in size. They are not dependent on color depth and due to their small size, they can be shared and viewed easily. This is one of the reasons why, vector graphics are a good choice for your logo design.
- Re-editing is easy: There’s no telling that the design you create will be perfect in the first try. You may need to re-edit it to fit the needs of your client. The components are so flexible that when you edit, there’s no need to re-do the whole design. You can edit the areas which needed to be edited.
- Scalable drawing: You can scale vector graphics to whatever size you feel fit, without compromising with the quality. This is a real flexible aspect which makes it a great choice for company brand logo design.
- Look attractive in print and are more aesthetically appealing: Vector graphics look gorgeous in print and because of their clarity and precision, they provide an aesthetically pleasant appearance to the logo you are creating. This is why, when you print them, vector logos look good, irrespective of the size.
- Zero image distortion: You can forget about distorting images when you work with vector graphics. It lets you enlarge images the way you want to and use them in different sizes. There is no pixelation or blur when you enlarge them.
- Suits detailed illustrations, animation and presentations perfectly: Vector graphics use lines and they provide a clarity of look. If you want to create detailed illustrations, presentations or animations, they are a good choice because they allow you to easily convey what you want to convey. In short, they make things more understandable to the audience.
Vector graphics can be saved in various formats other than the default EPS such as PDF, AI and PSD. As you’ve just found out, they are great for using in corporate identity design. However, if you are creating font based logo design, you can get something creative from the web to juice it up.