Businesses lay a lot of focus in redesigning their logos in order to keep up with the new trends and draw the attention of the emerging customer base. Keeping the fundamentals same, a bit of change is always good for business logo design as it brings a kind of novelty and reinstates fresh brand values. Let us discuss some upcoming trends that are expected to thrive across 2013.
- Back to Simplicity: A lot of big players are considering keeping it simple as far as logo designs are concerned. Many of the business giants like Microsoft and eBay are adopting simple yet prominent typographic identities. Designers are trying their hand at simplistic, elegant logos by adopting the ‘less is more’ perspective.
- Being Geometric: Remember the logo of London Olympics 2012? With an attractive triangular feature, it has provided good stuff for business logo design and a lot of organizations have been inspired by the geometrical patterns. In fact, plain geometrical shapes are quite in fashion when it comes to logo design.
- Vintage is in: Although technological developments are rapidly changing the way people look at logo design, there is a lot of room for classics, handmade logos. These are elaborately hand drawn and incorporate artistic design aspects like handwriting based typography, textured papers, and so on. With a subtle blend of simplicity and traditionalism, such designs are indeed expected to catch the attention of the target market.
- Sticking to Heritage: The year 2013 will see a number of designers recalling historical heritage. Companies are seen to incorporate the history of their country of origin including the traditions and customs within their logo. The striking factor about such emblems is that they brilliantly reflect the ethnicity of diverse countries. For instance, we have Fiji Airways highlighting the country’s tribal history in its novel identity.
- The Multiple Approach: A number of businesses are opting for the multiple logo approach wherein they are combining two or more distinct logos to build an unique identity. This is indeed a very flexible style of depicting the business and more and more companies are hoped to adopt this trend in 2013.
- The Combining Factor: This trend is in vogue since the past two years and is expected to grow in this year and businesses are more and more inclining towards roping in new concepts for logo designs. You can expect logos which mingle all types of icons, geometrical shapes and more. Have a look at the identity imparted to Orange and T-Mobile’s collective venture EE, and you’ll simply love it.
- Time for some Manipulation: A good deviation from the usual static logos, distorted and manipulated logos are expected to set a trend this year. This calls for a great amount of creativity and imagination on the designer’s part.
- Good to have some Humor: A beautiful instance of this type is the logo for the upcoming Olympics that incorporate vibrant and bright colors. Many companies are considering funnily carved letters with color variations to arouse the interest of their target audience.
- Setting Trends with no trends: Some businesses are expected to come completely revolutionary trends that might include no logo or trend at all!
- Close to Nature: Business logo design might see a lot of natural colors this year. Brick red and purple colored logos are becoming increasingly popular. As companies are adopting a ‘natural personality’, logos with images of leaves, trees and other elements from nature would be common.
As businesses across the globe are indulged in going unique with their brand image, logo designs would indeed see the incorporation of a number of trends. Let’s see what this year has in store for us: completely innovative identities or some modifications of the basics. Time will tell.