A Brief Evaluation of 8 World Famous Company Brand Logo
Logo designers always look for design inspiration and new designing trends. Today we will take a look at some of the famous USA based companies’ logos. They will help you understand what designers should and should not do in a logo design project. Let’s start our journey…
1. Wal-Mart- Wal-Mart is world’s largest retailer and they have changed their logo design quite some time in the past 50 years. Their first logo had a wild west look and later they started using sans serif font in the logo to give it a corporate look.
However, at the end of last decade, they changed their logo once again. The current design shows the word “Wal-Mart” in a bright blue color and uses a sun icon. This new logo gave Wal-Mart a more approachable corporate identity and helped them connect with all parts of society. However, some people think the sun icon does not suit with their brand image. Wal-Mart is a retailer and a sun icon goes well with technology oriented companies.
2. General Electric- GE logo is one of the most stylish logo ever. The hand drawn letters are simply gorgeous and they lead your eyes to the famous byline “imagination at work.” This timeless logo was created in 1892 and in the past 120 years, it saw only some minor changes. Its timeless aesthetic beauty is a testament of GE’s brand value. If you want to give your client an immortal brand identity, then GE logo should be your inspiration.
3. General Motors- GM’s logo has nothing fancy in it. Their company brand logo has just has two letters “G” and “M” and the letters are sitting above a line. The large letters and deep blue color assures their target customers that they are here to stay.
General Motors is such a big corporation that most people don’t know how many brands they own. For instance, world famous car brands such as, Chevrolet, Opel, Buick, Cadillac are all created by GM. Can GM logo be your inspiration? It can, if your client has such a massive market presence.
4. Bank of America- Bank of America loves their country. At least, their logo tries to display their patriotism. It looks like the flag of USA and it’s shaped like a football field. The logo symbolizes honesty and hard work. Does your client love his country? Show him the BOA logo and take his opinion.
5. Ford- The famous blue color oval shape logo of Ford did not change since 2003. They don’t use any icon in their logo like other famous car brands. The stylish fonts proudly reflect their brand heritage and invoke a sense of trust in customers’ mind.
6. Hewlett-Packard- Whether you are a computer enthusiast or not, you must have heard about HP. Their logo is recognizable, simple and effective. HP logo flaunts a square outer structure with a circle inside and the letters “hp” is placed inside the circle. As soon as you see the logo, it creates a sense of security in your mind.
7. AT&T- AT&T logo proves that a large corporation can have a “cool” image. Their globe shaped logo is bright, original and bold. In the crowded market of telecom operators, the logo enhances AT&T’s brand value and helps them stand out from the competition.
8. Citigroup- Citigroup has a history of 200 years and they are one of the largest companies in USA. They redesigned their brand logo quite some time in past 200 years. However, the new logo looks very cute and friendly. The red arch over “iti” part of Citi logo symbolizes their all encompassing services.
Logo is the face of a company and you should design it carefully. Take inspiration from the aforementioned logo designs, but don’t just replicate them. Talk with your client; know the history of his business and try to come up with a design that will establish his corporate identity. Offer custom logo services to your clients and help him capture target audience’s attention.